This week I reached week six of motherhood and what a mental six weeks it has been. More so because of Christmas and New Year and I couldn’t be more relieved we can enter a bit of normality in our daily routine! Here are my top 5 things I have learnt about being a mother…
1. Sleep… If you are pregnant and reading this I cannot preach enough MAKE THE MOST OF IT. Especially if like me you have a daughter that is most comfortable sleeping cuddling! I currently get about 4 maybe 5 hours of sleep a night and that’s only if I can convince Aoife that sleeping in her crib is better than with mummy!
2. Breastfeeding… I have no idea what made me want to breastfeed more than formula feed but I was pretty determined. My determination to breastfeed combined with seeking support in the right place has definately made my breastfeeding journey successful so far. I am especially thankful of the support of my partner during the early days of engorged boobs and getting the perfect latch!
3. Showering… I hate the shower we have in our bathroom, it’s not powerful enough and you can’t have the front of your body in it at the same time as the back but I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the times I get to have a shower (twice maybe three times a week if I’m lucky).
4. Shopping… All I will say about this is strangers will want to talk to you about your baby and it’s a little bit annoying to be honest. I’m tired and my boobs are leaking all over the place, I do not want to stop for a chat!
5. Nappies… Be prepared to change a hell of a lot of runny poos! And try and dodge them!
Tomorrow we reach the start of week 7 and I can’t wait!
How were your first six weeks of motherhood?