Thank you to Devon Mama for tagging me in The Sunshine Blogger Awards Tag. Basically, the general gist of this tag is, I am tagged to answer 10 questions created by Hayley. I then tag some other bloggers to answer 10 questions I have devised! So here goes…
1. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
The name of my blog quite simply is created around my daughter. Boat is the family surname!
2. What would you sing at karaoke if you HAD to pick one song?
Haha! Well a little known secret is I used to be quite the karaoke fiend! There was a trend in the mid 00’s for karaoke machines and parties with karaoke. I loved it! Even had my own machine! And to this day if I am let loose near Karaoke I will always pick “Stuck in the Middle” the Louise version, or “Angels” by Robbie Williams!
3. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Ooh that is a tricky one. I think I would pick Pixie Lott (I wish).
4. What’s your proudest achievement (aside from being a parent!)?
Completing my EYITT (Early Years Initial Teacher Training) Course! That was a tough year! To make it worse the weekend all my final assignments were due in I moved house and was 11 weeks pregnant! I felt horrific!
5. If you had to lose one sense (taste, touch, hearing, sight or smell) which would it be?
Wow. That is a tricky one. I think out of all of those I would pick taste.
6. What was your first job?
My grandparents owned a bathroom showroom for a while when I was younger. So from a young age (about 14?) I was the Saturday shop girl. I was bloody useless! haha!
7. What do you love most about your child?
Impossible to pick one thing! I lose everything about her.
8. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
IF I could change anything it would be my Alopecia. To not have the first year of my daughters life tainted by my own struggle to cope with alopecia would have been amazing. BUT I can’t change that and it was a learning experience and has made me a better person than I could ever imagine.
9. Why do you blog?
I struggle to talk about how I really feel inside, in person, to people. If anyone asks me to my face how I feel about having alopecia I will instinctively reply “Yeah its cool, I cope”. Well no, it’s not cool. I have days during which I hate myself. I avoid looking in mirrors most of the time. And my head gets cold, which is really very annoying! But online, in my little blog bubble, I can let all that frustration and emotion out! I am better at getting my words out in writing than I am saying it!
10. Who is your hero?
Hmmm. The youngest of my younger brothers. He was diagnosed with M.E. at the age of 10. The condition completed debilitated him for almost 3 years, when he overcame it and began walking again. Since then (he is a fully fledged adult now!) he has ran marathons and is studying at university! He overcame more at such a young age than anyone else I know.
Now it is my turn to ask! My questions are….
- What is your happiest memory?
- Did you find out the gender of your first born or was it a surprise?
- What pets have you had?
- What is your all time favourite go to movie?
- What has parenting taught you?
- What is the best thing about blogging for you?
- What do you remember most about you childhood?
- What job did you want to have when you were a child?
- What was your favourite lesson at school and why?
- Marmite? Love or Hate??
Lisa @ Pass the Prosecco… Please