That is right! I can hardly believe it myself, my little teeny tiny 5lb 4oz bubba is six months old!! It’s time for a little update on how my little squirt is doing!
Weight – I haven’t actually weighed Cassius for a few weeks now but last time I weighed him he was around 16/17lbs. Not bad for a little guy!
Clothes Size – Cassius is firmly in 3-6 months clothing at the moment, some of the smaller high street brands are getting tight but that is mainly to do with the cloth nappies! In the scandi clothing we favour he is a 62/62.
Shoe Size – No shoes yet!
Nappy Size – You may have seen in previous posts that we use reusable nappies with Cassius. At the moment Cassius is in Bambino Miosolo birth to potty nappies the majority of the day time. For our night time nappies we use the Tots Bots Bamboozles and Peenut Wraps.
Teeth – Cassius is well and truly teething bless him. He dribbles and gnaws on his hands (or anything he can get his hands on) constantly!
- Booby Cuddles – to get Cassius to sleep at the moment I have to be in a reclined position with him lying across my body! Literally the only way I can get him to nap unless he is in the car seat or pushchair!
- Aoife – Cassius adores his big sister. She is guaranteed to be the one person that puts a smile on his face!
- Nappy Free Time – Especially in this heat! Nothing makes Cassius happier than be able to wriggle around with the air getting to his bits!
- Having a wet or soiled nappy – Generally if he is being grumpy it is because his nappy is wet or he has done a poo!
- Getting stuck – Cassius has been rolling lots recently but I have noticed he gets quite irritable if he rolls into something and can’t figure his way back or if he gets frustrated that he isn’t going anywhere!
Cassius is very much a cat napper in the day time but I can’t complain he sleeps well at night. This is the opposite to Aoife! She was very much a 2-3 hour at a time napper and then up every 2-3 hours in the night. Cassius wakes once or twice at the moment!
Bedtime – Cassius doesn’t have a strict bedtime but he does tend to get tired around 8/8.30pm which is when I tend to take him up to bed.
Wake Time – It varies but generally speaking it will more often than not be between 6am and 8am. Morning time is my favourite, he is such a happy little chappy and just beams at me in the mornings.
Naps – Cassius doesn’t have set nap times at the moment. He normally has between 4-5 short sleeps a day. First one is normally around an hour after he wakes up.
Milk – Cassius is breastfed and in the current heatwave we are experience currently feeds approximately a gazillion times a day!
Food – Now Cassius is 6 months old I have begun to introduce him to some foods. I am following the same method as I did with Aoife – Baby Led Weaning. I’m in no rush with Cassius. He does not exhibit most of the signs of readiness (sitting up with support, tongue thrust, hand to mouth coordination) but he is enjoying gnawing on cucumber to soothe his gums.
Exciting Things This Month
As I mentioned above Cassius has begun having his first tastes of food. He is also a pro at rolling and gets about by doing so. He is an extremely happy, smiley baby and is becoming very social.
I will see you for the next update in 3 months!